4.4. 2019 | 7 lessons | Thu & Fri | 18:00 – 21:00
AVAILABILITY: 2 places left
Want to participate in one of our courses?
Simply get in touch.
Barista Basics is an intensive 7-day training covering all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills you need to know to become a qualified Barista. You will learn basics about the history, production and cultivation of coffee to understand the product you work with. We will teach you how to use an espresso machine and grinder to be able to make a perfect espresso, and show you correct preparation of espresso based coffees & beverages and its presentation, including practical knowledge of Late Art.
Product knowledge of:
* History of Coffee
* Coffee varieties
* Cultivation of coffee
* The harvest ( wet process vs. dry process
* Blending and Roasting
* Coffee brewing methods
* Kinds of coffee (Instant, Decaffeinated)
* Barista Tools & Machines
* Coffee preparation ( Espresso, Ristretto, Espresso Macchiato, Double espresso, Cappuccino, Double Cappuccino, Latte, Lungo Americano, Lungo, Latte Macchiato)
* Practical knowledge of Latte Art!
* Speed barista training
* Customer service
Knowledge of bartending is not essential
Course duration: 21 hours (7 lessons /3 hours)
Course weight: 50% practical, 50% theoretical
Language: English, Greek
Requirements: Good command of Greek or English language
Min.age: 18 years old
Examination: Final exam (90min written test, 30min practical exam)
Certificates: Certificate of Alchemy Bartending School (valid in Cyprus)
Barista Courses – a complete understanding
Barista Courses are more than just the flavour of the moment. Or just the Italian word for ‘bartender’ and the serving of espressos. Barista originally only referred to those who sold both coffee and alcoholic drinks in coffee houses when it was first imported into Italy by Venetian merchants in 1645.
Once Baristas were simply taught the traditional method of grinding coffee, mixing with hot water and plenty of sugar. Today, the art of the Barista includes creating the professional, signature smooth and decorative frothed milk finish, which elevates an ordinary cup to a divine experience. The skills of the Barista are very much in high demand everywhere among a new sophisticated coffee drinking culture.
Importantly, coffee drinkers have become more discerning and no longer passive about understanding more about the experience. They want to learn and become better informed about the beans, the roasting, and the flavours. The knowledge and passion of a fully trained Barista is key to today’s customer desire for engagement and service satisfaction.
Ideal for beginners and baristas to advance their knowledge and expertise
Consequently, skilled baristas need to possess a complete understanding of the process to transform the essence of coffee bean to the coffee cup. Alchemy Barista courses are:
- Designed as a relaxed learning environment complete with all the equipment you need to learn about coffee.
- To the highest standards and will introduce you to the most delicious coffees.
- Ideal for beginners as well as valuable additional training for working baristas who look to advance their knowledge, and add to their experience and expertise.
Our intensive Barista Course training will help you:
- Extend the range of hospitality services you can offer.
- Boost your skills
- Immediately begin your professional barista career in any coffee house or major leisure venue.
Alchemy Bartending School offers a bar
training and bar consultancy services to
businesses in the hospitality industry.
Private parties, corporate events,
wedding receptions, christenings,
cocktail parties, kids parties, beach and
Bartending Training Programs all over
Cyprus, both for beginners and professionals
who want to take their skills to an advanced